A tremendous Thursday!
Our morning began with assembly where we sang O’ Canada. Then we had register followed by the calendar, the weather and 100 days of school.
Next we had mathematics where the students continued activities related to our unit ‘Number Sense’.
After that we had recess followed by phonics and UOI. In phonics the students used their knowledge of the phoneme ‘Kk’ to complete activities.
In UOI the students continued to explore the healthy habit of a ‘washing’. As a class they shared their knowledge of ‘germs’ and saw how easily germs can spread through a glitter touching activity.
Our afternoon began with P.E with Miss. Cranfield followed by Daily 5.
We then had afternoon recess followed by French with Viellenueve.
- Show and Tell tomorrow.
- November lunch form due October 23rd.
- Reading Books reminder – please return your child’s reading books on their ‘Read with Teacher’ day.
- A message from the principle:
Thank you to our PTA for organizing this terrific fundraiser. Funds raised will directly benefit the educational and social experience of your child at The Maples Academy.
A great gift, or for yourself, for money you would be spending anyway on groceries, gas, etc.
Here's how it works and how you and your child(ren) can start fundraising now!
1. Head over to www.fundscrip.com
2. Click on “support a group”
3. Type in the Maples School code - XZH7XD
4. Take 30 seconds to create a quick profile
5. Login to your new profile and go to ordering site
6. Start ordering gift cards to places you would shop anyway. Gift cards are available for 159 Ontario retailers - including most Ontario grocery stores and gas stations
(NOTE: The Maples PTA kindly asks that you choose Electronic Funds Transfer or online banking bill payment option, as the fundraiser loses 1.99% of the earnings when paid with Credit Card)
Thanks for supporting The Maples PTA!
Mr. Greg Playford
Have a wonderful evening everyone,